Oct 13, 2020
On this episode, Karen and Dr. Gia Wiggins of Morale Resources LLC, have an energetic and freeform conversation in the Get Back Up series. Gia quizzes Karen on the role of a good CFO, how they should work with a company, and when it is time for a company to pivot or close up. Karen gives some advice on what to look for in a business consultant and getting the most out of this critical relationship. Lastly, the Cheers ladies share their views on surviving this crazy time, the importance of reinvention, and listening to the most critical internal and external voices to sharpen and strengthen your company.
- The free market will tell you exactly what it wants and is most the honest insight into your business.
- A controller can report the past and process the now, but a CFO is somebody that strategizes, see the big picture, and can see into the future.
- When determining your business's viability, you need to have somebody willing to look at the stuff that everybody in the company is ignoring.
- A new broom, always sweets clean. An outside person looking in your business will always see something new you don't.
- Hire a CFO or a consultant that will tell you the truth and not what you want to hear.
- Reinvention is so essential. And if you're not listening to the market or clients, then you are making a mistake.
Morale Resource LLC - Website
To understand the role of what a CFO is or any "chief" position.
When you put a "C" in front of the title, it should be a strategic
position. - Dr. Gia Wiggins
Putting your ear to the ground is the best way to make sure that your business is viable. - Dr. Gia Wiggins
Make sure that your product and services offering matches the need and demands of your market and industry. Be able to give up an offering if it is not profitable or is problematic. - Dr. Gia Wiggins
I have to beg you for what I deserve; then you don't deserve me. - Dr. Gia Wiggins
Give the people what they need, not what you were trying to force them to have. - Dr. Gia Wiggins
Learn More About DocRX
DocRx is a family-oriented company dedicated to tailor operational solutions for patient health and compliance programs that increases the quality and efficiency of patient-centered care and always with the mission of the patient's health 1st. With over ten years of experience helping doctors and their patients with diagnostic testing, patient monitoring, medical supplies, compliance, wholesale pharmacy, physician dispensing billing, and more.
DocRx is your patient and health compliance solution, both under one roof. To find out how DocRx can help your hospital, pharmacy, or physicians office see all their services at docrx.com.